Quick Oat & Veggie Pancakes, by Easy Vegan
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg (I used NRG Egg Replacer: 1 1/2 teaspoons powder mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water.)
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 large carrot, grated (about 1 cup’s worth)
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, grated (about 1 cup’s worth)
- 1 green onion (or leek), sliced and diced
1. Process the quick oats in a blender or food processor until they’re finely ground. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground oats, baking powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
2. In another bowl, combine the carrots, zucchini, onion, soy milk and egg substitute. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
3. In a medium-sized skillet, heat the margarine on medium, using just enough to coat the bottom of the pan (about 1 tablespoon per pancake). Pour the batter into the pan, forming a pancake five or six inches in diameter. Using a spatula, pat the veggies down firmly; be sure to pat the sides as well, pushing any stray veggies back into the pancake. Cook on each side until golden brown. Enjoy immediately!
Rather than making all the pancakes at once, you can store any extra batter in the fridge and cook it as needed. The pancakes taste way better fresh than reheated, so it’s a thought!