Minestrone Soup With Parmesan Dumplings by No Face Plate
- A batch of minestrone stew a la this recipe
- 1.5 cups flour (GF flour works fine - just add a tsp of xantham gum and up the liquid a couple of tablespoons, dearies)
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine, very cold
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Finely minced parsley and scallion
- 1/3 cup rice or almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan parme
Flour in a bowl, of course - add baking soda and salt - then all spices, sans cheeze. Mix well. Get a pastry cutter out and go at the margarine, just long enough for it to disperse and look breadcrumby. Add your parm. Add milk, a little at a time, and test dough by gathering it - you want it soft, almost sticky. If you need a few more drops of milk to reach the right consistency, go right ahead. Divide dough into 10 balls, about 2/3 the size of a golf ball. Dust them, and your bowl, with flour as you go, until the dough is gone. Set aside.
Bring your delicious stew to a boil, drop your dumplings in, one at a time, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-9 minutes.